With the recent success of ‘Knott’s Taste of Calico’, Knott’s Berry Farm has announced they will be opening even more of their theme park to guests for ‘Taste of Knott’s’! Beginning weekends August 1st and running until September 13th, the limited time event will give guests the chance to taste over 35 delicious culinary creations across Ghost Town, the Boardwalk, & Fiesta Village. ‘Taste of Calico’ was originally only throughout the town of Calico, however for the ‘Taste of Knott’s’ it will be expanded through the majority of the beloved theme park!
Just like Taste of Calico, the Taste of Knott’s will require guests to purchase admission into the event. The tasting cards that give guests 5 tastings for $30 will serve as admission into this limited time event at Knott’s Berry Farm. If you have a child between the ages of 3-11, you can purchase a 3 tasting child card for $15. 2020 Season passholders can receive 10% both tasting cards for this event. There are tons of food and beverage options for fans to taste at this event and we think that $30 is the perfect price point for these tasting cards. With our experience at the Taste of Calico event, 5 tastings is just the right amount of tastings for these two events.
With the expansion of the event also comes new and unique food & beverage options for everyone to enjoy! The event will feature classic Knott’s flavors & more of a variety with Mexican inspired cuisines, Knott’s famous BBQ offerings, and classic Knott’s dishes pulled right from the pages of the celebrated Knott’s Berry Farm cookbook. The event will run only through weekends and the hours of Fridays & Saturdays between 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. and on Sundays between 12 p.m. until 8 p.m. Here are a few of the items that will be featured at the Taste of Knott’s event!
- Tater Tots Topped with BBQ Marinated Pulled Pork and Cheddar Cheese
- Shrimp Po’ Boy
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Deep Fried Boysenberry Pie Bites
- Mini Jalapeno Chicken Slider on a Ciabatta Bun with Crinkle Chips
- Hatch Chili Mac and Cheese
- Smoked Pork Ribs
- Carnitas Fries with Pico de Gallo and Sour Cream
- Southwest Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing
- Boysenberry Meatballs
- Corn on the Cob with Boysenberry Mayo
Just like with the Taste of Calico event, the park will be using new guidelines to ensure that guests stay safe and healthy and do their part in slowing the spread of COVID-19 while still having fun. The tasting cards use a QR code system to track how many tastings guests have already used, this way it is a completely touch free experience to help slow the spread. Other guidelines and procedures that guests can expect are:
- Temp checks for all guests before entering the park
- Facial coverings are required for all guests ages 2 and up
- Social distancing markers will be placed throughout the area
- Hand sanitizer locations will be located all through the area
- Associates will be effectively sanitizing and cleaning high touch areas to ensure guests stay safe and healthy
- Seating will be spaced out through the Taste of Knott’s footprint
If you wanna keep up to date with more updates about Knott’s Berry Farm make sure to follow us on social media and our YouTube channel @socalexploringmedia/ youtube.com/socalexploring . To be notified about all of our new blogs and posts click the follow button in the bottom right hand corner of the page and enter your email!